Monday, August 27, 2018

Just how cool is that?

I discovered a gem of a blog for programmers.



The latest post (Further Adventures In Go Land) takes us on a journey through the following topics:

  • Duck Typing 🐓
  • Duck Typing Redux 🗿
  • Paradise Regained 🎭
  • Of Object-orientation And The Platypus 🐌
  • Calming Down To The Soothing Rhythm Of… Unit Testing! ⛵
  • If You Fall, I Will Catch You, I'll Be Waiting ⚾
  • Whew, Sprawling Hierarchies No More 🚧
  • Go, Your Own Way 🏄
  • The Widening Gyre Of Concurrency 🚅
  • Go's Got Concurrency 👻
  • Bringing Go To The IoT World 🐙
  • Persistence In Go 💰
  • Go Can Be Sweet 🍯
  • Go Can Be Baffling (To The Uninitiated) 😱
  • Let Beautiful Designs Emerge 🌹
  • What About Recursion? 🌀
  • Things Explainer: You're Kidding Me, Right? 📣
  • Things Explainer: Redux 📕
  • Go Forth And Smell The Roses 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹
  • Deep, Yet Simple 🐳


This post is filled with entertaining images and plenty of apropos quotes.

Here's my favorite quote:

When I discovered Go, it was like paradise regained; A return to simplicity with added benefits of concurrency, networking, great development tools, first class functions as well as the best parts of OOP.

~ Lex Sheehan (Learning Functional Programming in Go)


That's the first time my book has been quoted! 😊

Thank you, Akram!



Share this article



This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

1 comment:

  1. I am simply delighted that you are enjoying my blog posts, Lex!

    Yep, as a fellow, in-the-trenches programmer myself, I thoroughly enjoy sharing my (learning) adventures with readers. And so it is that the charter of my blog has remained unchanged over the years. As to what I have to offer, my promise remains the same, too: Essays at the intersection of culture, software, technology, and engineering

    Meanwhile, I'm thoroughly enjoying your remarkable book on applying functional programming techniques to my practice of the Go programming language.

    Great stuff, Lex!

    ReplyDelete