- Mobile First Design
- Responsive CSS is no longer separate and all responsive features are now compiled into the core bootstrap.css file
- Horizontal forms are now mobile-first, meaning at <768px, elements are stacked. Above that, elements are floated and appear side-by-side
- Refactor responsive-utilities.less to account for new mobile-first approach
- Dropping IE7 and FF3.6 support, combining standard and responsive CSS into a single file, and consolidating additional code as appropriate.
- Docs templates are built with Jekyll instead of Mustache
- LESS changes
- Rename variables to use dashes instead of camelCase
- Replace existing color variables, e.g., @blue, with symantic, e.g., @brand-primary
- Remove .border-radius() mixins
- Change name of clearfix mixin
- Mixin itself is now .clear_float() and class is .clearfix
- .opacity() mixin now uses decimal values instead of whole numbers
- Simplify Layout and grid system (single grid system again)
- Form controls are now 100% width by default, input groups have been overhauled, and form states simplified.
- Font icons! Converted to Glyphicons v1.7 @font-face, dropping the old PNGs
- Differentiated the labels and badges
- badges no longer have modifier classes and are purely meant as unread counters.
- Jumbotron (formerly hero-unit)
- improved styling for mobile viewports
- Navbar improvements
- Keeping .navbar-for, dropping .navbar-search form layout
- Overhaul styles of default navbar
- Update active state of nav links for mobile view
- Lots of overrides, extra styles, and more
- Redesign the modals to be mobile-first
- No longer require use of .hide
- Drop the .thumbnails meta component.
- Redesigned Carosel
- Redesinged Customizer (highlight depenencies)
- Updated Makefile to reflect the changes to the docs build process (namely Jekyll)
Note that gradients and other embellishments have temporarily been removed, which produces a flat look and feel.
Get Bootstrap 3 Now
You can go here to check out the release candidate: http://rc.getbootstrap.com/
-- or -- just download it directly here: https://github.com/twitter/bootstrap/archive/3.0.0-wip.zip